COVID-19: Notice to Patients
Considering all that is happening, we want to let you know that we are taking extra precautions to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. For the time being, we ask that you please respect the following initiatives. Your safety is our primary concern.
- Following the published guidelines to help stop unintended spread of COVID-19, we are closing off our reception area to non-essential family members.
- We are bringing patients directly back to rooms immediately after signing in. On the rare occasion that this is not possible, we have spaced the chairs out in our reception area to maintain social distancing recommendations.
- For patients that prefer, you are welcome to wait in your car and call us when you arrive. We will then contact you to come in when staff is ready to bring you directly to a treatment room.
- To minimize the number of people in our office, we respectfully request that you do not bring siblings, friends, or relatives to your family member's appointment.
- When parents are accompanying children, we ask that only one parent, rather than both, attend with your child.
- If you have a fever, or even mild flu like symptoms, please do not come to the office. Please call us, and we will gladly accommodate you with a new appointment.
- If you have traveled to a high-risk area outside the United States, such as China, South Korea, Iran, Europe (Schengen Area), United Kingdom and Ireland, please call the office to reschedule your appointment until after you have at least 14 days of being symptom free.
- Unlike many public environments, our clinic remains a very safe space to continue administering care, as we are constantly disinfecting our facility and equipment.
- In addition to our standard levels of sterilization and disinfection after every patient visit, our team is disinfecting common areas throughout the day, including waiting room chairs, and front desk.
- We have taken out all waiting room magazines in order to minimize congregation and reduce communal contact surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the office for your use. Please use it when entering and leaving our office.
We realize that some may feel this is an overreaction to the current situation, but we would rather error on taking precautions beyond the currently stated CDC recommendations to make every effort to ensure the health of our community.
Thank you for your time to read our update. Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you soon! We will get through this together.
Matthew Collins, D.C., D.A.C.R.B., C.I.C.E.
Diplomate; American Chiropractic Rehabilitation Board
Certified Independent Chiropractic Examiner; American Board of Independent Chiropractic Examiners