Car Insurance for Injuries

In MN, insurance policies come with No Fault Insurance personal injury protection. This benefit covers almost always 100% of health care services related to injuries from a motor vehicle collision. Every auto insurance policy in MN is required to have $20,000 minimum coverage of medical and chiropractic expenses. This is available to everyone even if they don’t know it is there. It also covers wage loss, mileage reimbursement and replacement services. You have the right to choose any doctor.

MN state law allows someone without insurance (such as passengers and pedestrians) to have medical and chiropractic coverage if they have injuries from a motor vehicle collision.


Workers Compensation Insurance for Injuries

All employers are required to carry insurance coverage for employees. Injured workers may receive necessary chiropractic care. There are a few plans have limitations on which doctor you can choose. If you been a patient in the past with a doctor, typically you may see the same doctor again.


Commercial Health Insurance

Commercial health insurance provides coverage for short term chiropractic care. Typically coverage is limited to acute conditions or acute flare ups of chronic conditions. Most if not all commercial health insurance plans do not provide coverage for health maintenance care/pain management care. Plans vary in terms of what procedures (procedures such as acupuncture, exercise rehabilitation) are covered or are not covered. We are In Network providers for the multiple insurance plans. If you don’t see your insurance plan listed and would like to find out if you have coverage, please call our office (651) 925-5530 and we can verify coverage for you.

  • Aetna
  • BCBS
  • HealthPartners
  • Medica
  • Medical Assistance
  • Medicare
  • PreferredOne
  • United Healthcare


Budget Planning (for those with partial coverage or no insurance coverage)

Most commercial health plans cover some of the initial care, but not all the care a patient may require. At some point, coverage runs out. We are providers with a discount medical plan specifically for patients who have partial coverage or no coverage. We also have payment plans that will accommodate almost any budget. These plans work for individuals and families. With the budget plan, you will be able to pay off your balance in a stress free manner without having to wait to get the health care that you need. Budget plans are typically used for high deductibles, high co-pays, little to no insurance coverage, multiple family members under care and wellness care.


FLEX, HSA (Health Savings Accounts) Plans

We accept many FLEX and HSA plans. These exist to help the patient pay for their financial portion and percentage of their care.


Frequently Asked Questions:


Q: Who pays for my medical care if I am injured? 

A: MN is a no-fault auto insurance state. It doesn’t matter who caused the accident, YOUR insurance covers YOU. If your injuries resulted from a motor vehicle collision, your auto insurer pays the bills. No fault pays for many expenses such as: Medical care, Chiropractic care, Wage loss Work loss & Replacement Services, Mileage

Q: Is No-Fault Coverage mandatory in MN? 

A: Yes. All auto insurance plans in MN are required to provide no-fault  coverage, even if it is just a liability insurance plan.

Q: Of the all cars involved, who pays my medical/chiropractic bills? 

A: Your own no-fault coverage does.

Q: I was hit by a driver who then ran off. So who pays my medical/chiropractic bills? 

A: Luckily for you, you are still covered. Your own no-fault coverage pays your bills.

Q: What kind of health care can I receive? 

A: Under no-fault auto insurance you are entitled to go to any medical or chiropractic doctor of your choice.

Q: What if I didn’t have auto insurance or didn’t own a vehicle? 

A: According to the MN No-Fault Act, you may be covered under the policy of another household member, the vehicle you were in or through the Assigned Claims Plan. This can become complex. For help finding out where your coverage will come from, call us at (651) 925-5530 for assistance.


Q: If I am injured at work, what do I have to do to get help?

A: If you are injured while performing your job duties, immediately report the injury to your supervisor. MN law requires employers to carry insurance for injuries at work. Workers Compensation covers 100% of your injury treatment. Once you begin seeing a chiropractor, you have only 12 weeks from that point forward to complete your care with your doctor. Depending on your severity, more care can be authorized.

Q: I was injured at work, but I was told I have to go to a specific doctor. How can I come directly to you or switch doctors?

A: If your work comp carrier has a managed care contract, there may be some exclusions. Call us at (651) 925-5530 and our experienced staff can help you with the paperwork and claims information.

Contact Us

Twin Cities Headache Neck & Back

245 Ruth St. N #205
St Paul, MN 55119

(651) 925-5530

Our chiropractic office is located on the south side of Highway 94 at 245 North Ruth Street, on the corner of Ruth & Burns.


Copyright by Twin Cities Heachache Neck & Back